How to Setup Hp Printer
HP Printer Wireless Setup and Installation Guide for Windows and Mac
In this post, we'll walk you through the steps involved in installing and configuring your HP
printer over Wi-Fi. You will also be able to print effortlessly from any device of your
choosing once the process is over, which will improve your printing experience.
How to Download and Install Your HP Printer Driver Without a CD
- Visit the HP website at https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers to begin.
- Click the "Support" button here, then click the "Softwares and drivers" option.
- Choose "Printer" in the following box.
- Now, enter the name of your model in the search box, choose your printer's model number,
and then click the "Submit" button.
- Choose your operating system (Windows or MAC) from the "Choose a different OS" menu in
the next window.
- Next, click the "Download" button to initiate your system's automatic driver download
- Now open the downloaded driver file on your Windows or MAC computer to begin installing
the HP printer driver.
- The "Continue" button will show on the screen. Click it.
- To accept the terms and conditions, check the box and press "Accept".
- Select "No Thanks" from the menu.
- The installation procedure will now start.
- After checking the box, click "Skip" to continue.
- Upon successful installation of the HP printer driver, a confirmation message will
appear on the screen.
- Finally, press the "Finish" button.
The HP Printer Setup with WiFi Router Instructions.
By following these steps, you can install your HP printer to connect to a wifi network
without needing the CD:
- Turn on your printer first, then hit the "Wireless" button and choose "Network" from the
- Next, choose "Wireless Settings" and then press the "Wireless Setup Wizard" option. The
printer will now look for any nearby WiFi networks that are open.
- Next, pick "Next" after choosing the name of your wireless network from the list.
- Next, enter your network's WPA passphrase key (Wifi credentials) and click "OK" to
finalize the settings.
- To check the wireless print test, click "OK" once again.
- As a result, you have successfully configured your printer to work with your wifi
How to Connect a Windows Computer to an HP Printer through WiFi
To set up your printer wirelessly on Windows, follow these steps:
- Make sure your printer, computer, and router are all turned on first.
- Additionally, check that your computer and printer are connected to the same wifi
network (as was mentioned in the previous step).
- Then, follow the instructions above to download the printer driver.
- Open the control panel by selecting it from the Windows search menu.
- After that, select 'Devices and Printers'.
- Thereafter, tap on the ‘Add a printer’ option.
- Select your model from the available list and click next to follow further instructions.
- Moreover, keep on following the onscreen instructions to successfully complete your
printer setup process.
How to Set Up a Wireless Network on a Mac Computer for an HP Printer
The steps shown below will help you set up a printer on your Mac or PC.
- First, turn on your printer and confirm that it is connected to the same network as
your Mac (steps are described in the second section of this article).
- Now, download the printer driver for Mac OS from the HP website (described above).
- Next, choose "System Preference" from the "Apple" menu.
- Select the 'Printers and Scanners' option at this point.
- From here, tap on the ‘+’ icon available on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Thereafter, select your printer’s model from the list of available printers and
click on ‘OK’.
- Now, your printer setup process for Mac has been completed and your printer is ready
We discussed how to set up an HP printer using wired and wireless connections in this
article. The procedure for "HP printer wifi setup & installation on Windows
10/11 and MAC without CD" was also covered in the following section.
We trust that by following the directions above, you will be able to set up your printer
Remarks: The content on this page is given solely for your information and is not part of
the HP website. Visit the Disclaimer Page to view our full disclaimer.
Read More: How
to fix HP Officejet 3830 printer offline error