Guide To Troubleshooting Your HP Printer For Major Issues
The common troubleshooting procedure to resolve HP printer difficulties for both Windows and Mac OS X is covered in this article. You can restore your HP printer to working order by following these instructions.
Steps for resolving all of the typical issues with HP printers
We've listed some helpful hints for troubleshooting the HP printer problem on Windows 10 and 11. You can resolve any problems with your HP printer by using the methods below.
1. Verify that your HP printer is set to be the default printer.
Setting your printer as the "Default Printer" setting is crucial for giving your printer the correct instructions. Follow these procedures from the HP printer troubleshooting guide to reset your printer to default mode:
- Open the 'run' dialogue box on your computer and type 'control panel' into the search bar.
- Select 'devices and printers' when the control panel appears.
- Select the HP printer choice on the next screen, then choose "set as default printer" from the context menu.
- If you see a green checkmark beneath your printer icon after doing the aforementioned steps, your printer's troubleshooting is now complete.
2. Use HP Driver Easy to Update Faulty and Outdated Drivers
If your HP printer is unable to print text, or if you are facing any other issue related to print documents, the best solution is to update or reinstall your printer driver. You can easily do this by following these steps-
- Go the Search Option and type ‘run’ to open the dialog box .
- Now type in ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the dialog box as shown below and click on ‘OK’.
- The Windows device manager will then appear on your screen.
- Now, double-click on the "print queues" category to expand it, as seen in the image below.
- Update driver by selecting 'update driver' from the menu when doing a right click on the listed printer name under this category.
- Finally, after waiting for the update download to complete, follow the on-screen directions.
3. Check the HP Printer Spooler Error and attempt to fix it.
The print spooler makes it simple for the PC to interact with the printer and handle the print jobs waiting in the queue. The error message "printer spooler error" will appear when the printer cannot accept any of your print commands because the print job is stuck in the queue.
Therefore, adhere to the guidelines below to fix this mistake:
- First, quit any open software or documents that you want to print using your printer.
- Type "Administrative Tools" into the "Start" search box, then select "Services."
- Then, find "Print Spooler" by scrolling down the list. Right-click again and choose "Stop" now.
- Thereafter, go to ‘My Computer’ & double-click ‘Local Disk (C:)’ and select the ‘Windows’ folder.
- ‘System32’ folder> ‘spool’>’Printers
- After that, remove every print job from this folder.
- Return to "Services," search for "print spooler," and then right-click on it. Select the 'Start' option at this time.
- Try printing a test page after that because your HP printer error might have been resolved after restarting the spooler.
Your troubleshooting the HP printer spooler is now finished.
4. Remove Any Active Print Command Traffic
Due to a backlog of prior print commands, the HP printer frequently cannot accept the print command. However, the troubleshooting manual for HP printers advises clearing any previously stuck commands before giving the printer new instructions.
Utilizing the HP printer troubleshooting guide, follow the steps below to cancel the previous print command queue.
- First, select "Devices and Printers" from the control panel by clicking the start button.
- Then choose the 'See What's printing' option by performing a right click on the HP printer icon.
- Now visit the "printer" menu and choose "cancel all documents" to end the previous print command queue.
- To confirm, click 'yes'. You can now finish your print job.
5. Verify The Fundamental Connection
Follow the steps below if there is a connection issue between your HP printer and computer:
- Remove the computer's power wire and the printer's power cord first.
- Wait a moment, then re-plug your HP printer's power cord and switch on the computer.
- Now print a test page. These simple troubleshooting techniques make it simple to fix the HP printer connection issue.
6.Troubleshooting for MAC
To connect your Mac computer to a wireless HP printer, follow the instructions listed below.
- Make sure there is an internet connection. You must check your internet connection before attempting any further troubleshooting actions. To ensure that your printer runs without interruption, confirm that you have a consistent connection. Additionally, you must confirm that the USB cable's two ends are correctly inserted.
- Verify the printer's readiness: Follow the steps below to see if the printer is ready to use.
HP print system reset: Observe the instructions to reset your HP printer.
- To start the printer, press the power button.
- Make that the printer has paper loaded into the input tray and that the right ink and toner cartridges are installed.
- Wait until the printer is prepared to print before restarting it.
A. From the Apple menu, choose 'System Preferences'.
B. Select 'Printers and Scanners' next.
C. Next, select "reset print system" from the context menu when you are in the printers pane.
D. Next, choose'reset' in the confirmation window.
E. After entering the Administrator's username and password, finally click "OK".
Your HP printer should be restarted:To restart your device, adhere to the steps listed below:
A. Deactivate your printer and give it ten seconds. In the following step, unplug the printer's power supply.
B. At this point, shut down the computer.
C. Activate the printer now.
D. After that, unplug the wireless router's power supply and be patient for 10 seconds.
E. Finally, reattach the router's power cord.
We hope you will find the Troubleshooting Guide for HP Printer presented in this article useful for both Windows 10/11 and Mac operating systems.
Remarks: This is not an official HP page, and the material shown here is solely for informational purposes. Visit our Disclaimer page to view our full disclaimer.
Read More: How to fix HP Officejet 3830 printer offline error