Learn how to bring your HP printer back online if it is offline.
Learn how to bring your HP printer back online if it is offline.
The question "Why is my HP printer down in Windows 10?" comes up frequently. As a result, we will explain the reasons behind this issue and provide guidance on how to resolve it in this article.
Follow the recommendations in the following section if you run into a situation where your HP printer keeps failing.
Detailed Solutions for the Offline Status on My HP Printer
1. Ensure that your printer is the default printer.
If your HP printer frequently enters an offline mode on Windows 10 or any other operating system, try the troubleshooting steps below:
- To begin, choose Windows and enter "Run" into the search bar. Then, after typing "Control Panel" into the dialog box, click "OK."
- Find your specified HP printer by selecting the 'Device and Printers' option. Your printer is already set as the default printer if you see a green checkmark next to it.
- If the checkmark is missing, choose "Set as Default Printer" from the context menu when you right-click on your printer.
- Your printer will become the default after taking this action, and your HP printer's offline printer issue will be fixed.
2. Verify 'Use Printer Offline' Mode Is Not Selected.
If "Use printer in offline mode" is chosen, the HP wireless printer will be disconnected. As a result, the user must make sure that this option is not chosen. The following navigation will help you change this setting:
- Go to the'start' menu and click'settings'
- Select "devices" and then "printers and scanners."
- Select your HP printer with the right click from the list of printers.
- After that, uncheck the "Use Printer Offline" option from the menu. Your HP printer will now resume printing online.
3. Examine the printer driver and update any outdated versions.
If the printer driver is damaged or obsolete, the HP printer will always display the offline error. To update or reinstall drivers on Windows, follow these steps.
- Find "Device Manager" in the Windows search and click on it.
- Expand the part that reads "Printers" now.
- Locate the model number of your printer in the expanded column, then "Right Click" on it and select "Update Driver."
- Then select "search automatically" and wait until the driver for your printer is updated. Restart your computer after the procedure is finished.
- Go to the "control panel," select "remove programs," and then uninstall your current HP printer driver if you wish to reinstall your driver. Install the HP Printer driver after downloading it from the HP website. for additional information about this procedure.
You won't ever have the issue where your HP printer goes offline in Windows 10 or any other operating system after using the aforementioned troubleshooting techniques.
4. Examine Printer Spooler Options
When the printer spooler is halted, the HP printer displays an offline message. Follow these actions to repair it:
- First, open the "Run" dialog box, type "Services.msc," and then click "OK."
- Find the "Print Spooler" option from the list of objects now.
- To pause the print spooler services, right-click on it and choose "Stop".
- After typing C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPrinter in the location bar of the "Windows File Explorer," click "OK."
- To clear the printing queue, remove all the files from the printer folder.
- After that, return to "Print Spooler" and use the "Start" option from the context menu to restart the spooler service.
- Last but not least, restart your computer and printer to end your "HP printer Says offline" complaint.
5. Additional Vital Information 'HP Printer Shows Offline' Is Because
Whenever your HP printer indicates it is offline, keep the following in mind:
- Always check to see if your printer and computer are on the same Wi-Fi network when using a wireless connection. To learn how to connect your HP printer to a wireless network, click here.
- Always restart your computer after configuring an HP printer so that the printer's settings are saved.
- Other causes of your printer going offline include paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, and incompatibility.
6. When an HP printer is down, check your wire connection.
In some circumstances, a bad connection causes an HP printer to repeatedly going offline on Windows 10. Follow these instructions to solve this:
- Verify that the USB cable is connected to the printer and computer at both ends. Make that the printer and router connectivity is compatible if you have a wireless connection.
- Additionally, confirm that the power cord is connected correctly between the printer and the power outlet and is undamaged.
7.Does Your HP Printer Constantly Become Inactive? Keep an eye out for network connection errors
It's critical to look at potential network connection problems if your HP printer frequently goes offline.
- The printer's wireless connectivity problem is one of the main causes for why it appears to be offline.
- The HP printer's IP address being incorrectly configured in the laptop or desktop is another major factor contributing to its offline status.
As a result, an error notice stating "Printer is offline" appears. Follow the instructions provided to make sure the IP address is configured correctly.
- 'HP configuration screen' should be opened.
- The 'networking tab' can be found under settings.
- Make your selection from the drop-down menu for IP address.
- Select "manual setting" and correctly enter the correct IP address.
- These methods will enable you to fix the issue caused by a bad IP address.
Fixes for MAC PC when HP printer status indicates offline
Running Diagnose and Fix as Method 1
- Enter "HP smart App" into the "Spotlight" search box on your Mac.
- You can download the HP smart App from the HP website if you don't already have it on your Mac.
- From the HP Smart App, choose your printer. Select "Diagnose and fix" from the drop-down menu under "printers" in the top menu bar.
- To launch the troubleshooter, select "Start".
- When it's done, correct any problems by following the instructions on the screen.
Re-adding the printer on a MAC is Method 2.
I hope these procedures will make it easier to identify and fix frequent HP printer issues.
Remarks:This is not an official HP page, and the material shown here is solely for informational purposes. Visit our Disclaimer page to view our full disclaimer.
Read More: How to fix HP Officejet 3830 printer offline error